• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

4 wheel not engaging

Hello,My 4 wheel drive will not engage I noticed it Saturday while helping Brother in law move.I recently had it in for repair of cam cover gasket wondering if there was somethingthat might have been disconnected during the repair causing this. I have a 2500 2001 sport quad cab.Thanks in advanceDavid

the vacuum line coming off the vacuum pump, (in front of the power steering) leading up to the firewall and t-ing in near the valve cover. this line is most likely cracked or forgot to plug back in simple push on fittings. if this is the cause the a/c vents wont actuate either.

Thanks, I found a vacuum line off behind the master cylinder that goes down behind the block did not see where it came from but hooked to a spot that was capped off on a tee. Anyone have a picture off the routing? Looks to be loose at the back of the block as well.ThanksDavid

• Owner

Sorry there is very little on the vacuum hose maps for Dodge Cummins trucks... But basically there is very little if anything that uses vacuum. HVAC which is in the passenger side, brake booster (for earlier trucks), and CAD axles for 2001 and eariler trucks... Like my truck (2002) the vacuum is for HVAC and Exhaust brake.