• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

My New Mobile Shop/Work Trailer

dorkweed

I finally got her set up to work out of. It was harder to all that in the afternoon last week in that God awful oppressive heat than it was to shoe horses in that God awful oppressive heat!!!!:stuned: Anyhow, I downsized a bit. My old trailer was a 6x12 double axle. This one is 6x10 and a single axle. I'm not traveling the highways to work like I used to.........heck, my furthest account is 25 miles one way. If I put on 75 miles with my work trailer a day now, that's a lot. Plus I can keep extra inventory in my garage.I went to the scales today to weigh everything. Combined GVW was 11,420. Both truck axles with the trailer on were 8600lbs give or take a bit. The trailer axle weighed in at 2700lbs or so. The GVW on the trailer is 3500lbs. so I'm pretty close to the red line!!!!:stuned: I'm gonna guess I have about a 3-400lb. tongue weight on the trailer now. One thing I am gonna do is.......when these OEM trailer tires wear out, I'm gonna get some D or E rated tires for this thing. It's a bit bouncey for my taste.....or maybe I'm just used to a double axle trailer. Here's the pix. Any suggestions will be tolerated!!!:lmao2::thumbup2:post-7-13869816843_thumb.jpg

post-7-138698168411_thumb.jpg

post-7-138698168416_thumb.jpg

post-7-138698168423_thumb.jpg

Wow! I like it... That is killer setup for you... I hate to say it but horseshoes are not light by no means... But as for the tires yeah a good load range E work be great and be able to air them up tighter in hope to lose a bit of bounce in the ride..

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking Mike. The heavier tires will/should also get rid of the side to side slop in the side walls also. Even with me just walking in and out, I can get her rocking and rolling!!!!:smart: She does pull nice down the road though. Seems to pull better at faster speeds also.:stuned:

You sure your truck can handle that? :lol: I like everything about that thing, keep having ideas of what I could pack into it. Never thought about the tires, we got a flatbed that I swear catches 6" of air on some of the rough transitions onto bridges around here. Very very niccce!! :thumbup2:

You sure your truck can handle that? :lol: I like everything about that thing, keep having ideas of what I could pack into it. Never thought about the tires, we got a flatbed that I swear catches 6" of air on some of the rough transitions onto bridges around here. Very very niccce!! :thumbup2:

That's what I'm trying to avoid with this trailer........especially now with the squishy tires...........is going air born!!!:smart: I was also trying to keep it small and inconspicuous enough to avoid the cops. Around here they're cracking down on pick-ups towing trailers for work.............can you say DOT Number!!!!!!!:stuned: Odds are I won't get stopped because of the small size of my trailer and because I don't have any company name or advertising on the side of the truck or trailer. I'm gonna put some political signs on the trailer before the November elections though. A nice, new, clean trailer would make for a good mobile billboard for my candidates of choice!!!!:smart::thumbup2:

I was also trying to keep it small and inconspicuous enough to avoid the cops. Around here they're cracking down on pick-ups towing trailers for work.............can you say DOT Number!!!!!!!:stuned: Odds are I won't get stopped because of the small size of my trailer and because I don't have any company name or advertising on the side of the truck or trailer.

what! being an okie, i take alot of the simple things for granted. our trailors don't have tags(expect 18wheelers), our cars don't have inspections, and we don't carry vehicle registrations(try explaining that to a cop in maryland, true story). the worst i have had locally was a cop saying i needed to have commercial auto insurance, but i got off cause the truck is registered in my "personal" name. i wish i new which box has my northern catalog, i remember 5k and 6k axles being reasonable. but i'm sure you will be fine just putputting around :thumbup2: