• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Need help P0222 P1690 P0336

A little background on the truck. I have owned it for about a year and the first thing was dead peddle issues, it wasn’t bad just some hesitation sometimes then the crank sensor went out so I replaced it and eventually put a Timbo apps in it. It has always thrown the P0222 since replacing the TPS but ran fine. I developed a bad oil leak around the vacuum pump. I removed the bolt holding the wiring harness to the side of the block to pull the wiring back for better access to the pump and have been getting the following codes ever since. My tach will go dead all other gauges are fine and the truck will lose power but not die. Usually after I drive it for about 20 minutes it runs without any issues. There was one occasion where it also gave P1698 if I remember correctly. I have also noticed now that I’m writing this my scanner gives me different explanations for these codes. P0222-Throttle position sensor 2 circuit low  P1690-Fan control relays, this was really throwing me off. So is this a bad cam sensor or has my crank sensor gone bad again. I originally thought it was a bad ground based on the info my scanner was giving me but now that I looked at the DTC    list on here I’ll need to reassess this. I know this is a bit long winded but thanks for your help.

• Staff

Please fill out your signature so we can better help: what year, model, transmission, any modifications.

You need to do some diagnostic work.  Since more problems manifested after moving the wire harness you my want to start by checking if there are any shorts or open circuits in it.  How many miles on the truck?  

P codes 1000 or higher are manufacture vehicle specific.  

Edited by IBMobile

For some reason it is not saving my signature. Every time I try to go to the second step it goes back to my profile and when I go to finish my Signature the editor is automatically repasting my sig info but I can’t get it to go to the next step. 

1999 Ram 3500 manual 2wd
FASS fuel system

Timbo apps

otherwise stock

440,000 miles

It is now throwing the P0222 as soon as I clear the code without starting the truck. It is raining now but I will start trouble shooting the tps wiring when I get a chance.

Edited by Thebigjcp
Add mor info

It was the crank sensor but I still get P0222 with the ignition on engine not running. The truck runs fine I just can’t clear the code as soon as it clears it comes back up. I started the truck and checked the apps, it reads 4.7 volts on circuit 1 and 2. Terminal 1 is the ground correct? 

1 hour ago, Thebigjcp said:

It was the crank sensor but I still get P0222 with the ignition on engine not running. The truck runs fine I just can’t clear the code as soon as it clears it comes back up. I started the truck and checked the apps, it reads 4.7 volts on circuit 1 and 2. Terminal 1 is the ground correct? 

the cheap I got on ebay did the same thing. The Timbo cured it but my surging came back. Mine was a wiring problem on the 5v supply from a crappy splice caused by the owner.