• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Edge Mileage Max Module

• 3 months later...

Works great. I have bought one for myself and installed countless others. Never heard of negative mileage with exception of someone that didn't plug his map sensor back in correctly.

• 3 weeks later...

It ads timing. Very similar to the EZ on the lowest setting, where no extra fuel is sent through the CAN BUS.I would rather spend my money on a used EZ, or Quadzilla XZT+ or Max Mileage. They are cheaper, offer more power if you decide to change settings and do the same thing to timing and increase your mileage.From the factory the engine is detuned by retarding timing. It is an emissions thing because increased timing increases in cylinder temps which leads to more oxides of nitrogen, with a loss of about 20hp. When you add the timing you get back about 20hp that was lost due to emissions.

• 3 months later...

It's cold out & I'm just thinking about what I read. I went to the Edge Products Site. Edge Mileage Max advances timing AND increases fuel pressure "for better atomization" or some such.The Q I have is how is the fuel measured? Time & pressure?? So does increasing Pressure, increase actually increase the fuel delivery? Is there the assumption that one will back off the go pedal a corresponding amount... How else could one get the 7% fuel econ they claim?Am I missing something here?Russ

• Owner

Posted Image

Well there is a lot of factors in volved but I can give this much. Since there is more fuel given in every pulse now you'll notice your lighter on the throttle most of the time. Like myself I run my Edge Comp on 5x5 all the time. I get the most timing that way and control the fuel flow with my foot. But here is another secret I found. Timing is only given at low to zero boost as boost pressure rises the timing is natural retard. There is a function called Auto Ignition Temperature.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auto-ignition_temperature

The temperature at which a chemical will ignite decreases as the pressure increases or oxygen concentration increases. It is usually applied to a combustible fuel mixture.

This means as boost pressure rises the igniton point of the fuel ignite quickly and sooner. So the injection pump retards timing as boost pressure rises. So like myself if I'm looking for MPG I try to keep my boost under 5 PSI of boost and the timing is there for you and the MPG will jump. I typically can see 21-23 MPG this way. You'll also will know you economy is good because the Pyrometer will fall. ;)

Another thing to remember more boost pressure means more fuel added... Usually results in a increase of EGT...