• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

How to price high mileage Cummins?

I ran a K&N on mine for 7 to 8 years. When I washed it I soaked in the cleaner overnight. The next day I sloshed it around in the cleaner until whatever would come came off which was maybe 80%. Then rinsed it running water from a hose with no nozzle. If any thing  remained I left it there. I then dried it in the sun, oiled and reinstalled it. On occasion I would spray some more oil on it. I did everything I could do to not disturb the filter media. I did have some oil on the compressor blades but never noticed any dusting in the piping but never really looked for it. This is not a pro or con on using one. Each owner has to decide what they want to use. It is just my experience on the 02 Dodge.

My 96 with a V10 also had one in it when I bought it with 80k miles on the clock. At 165k it dropped a valve thru #10 piston. K & N related, you will have to be the judge because I dont know for sure.

The wifes 2000 Dakota came with one on it and she had it serviced one day. Called me and told the guy did her a favor and cleaned it real good with compressed air. A big no no in the K&N book. I threw it away because it had holes in the media that a quarter would go thru.