• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

No O.D or lock up

Hi pleas help I have a 99 24 valve the tranny dose not go into over drive or lock up the converter I believe it will cruise at 50 to 45 mph at 2500 rpm which I don't like the od light on the shifter dose not work I checked the bulb which is good but there are many wiring gremlins in this truck anything is appreciated

• Owner
3 minutes ago, Jamiehoney said:

Yes but the light does not go on when I hit the button is there power to the button or does it need a ground 

Most likely a connection issues between the column shift button and the PCM. That is all part of the PCM circuit.

The button only makes it drop 4th gear. 

The lockup is controlled by the PCM and its software.

I have power to the relay in and out and it’s working what color wires should I trace to find the od button there was an orange wire on the pcm cut and a jumper but it went no where could that be it it was on the pcm side

Found it your not going to believe it but here we go the k 22 on the c1 connector orange wdrkblue was cut and had a wire going to no where once I saw what it was a bulb went off tps is what it controls I checked the tps and found the other end cut and bare I did a nice repair and now I have all 4 spds with overdrive and the tire converter locks up like it should 

The button and light still dose not work but I’ll find yes I believe it’s a ground I’ve got no dash lights heater and who knows what else 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jamiehoney said:

I guess it what happens when you buy someone else project and they thought I’ll try it they do it on tv in minutes 

Well l can only blame myself. One owner here. But l have fought a few gremlins.