• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

My 5'er is a 2008 Gulfstream.  Single 15k rooftop AC unit.  

Went camping last week and temps were high but ac cooled fine.

I have a 50amp hookup in the driveway and the wife sometimes sleeps in the camper when she gets off night shift so the kids don't wake her.  Noticed the other night when I cut the AC on for her that the compressor was still running after the temp had been reached and the blower shut off. 

I turned the AC off at the thermostat.

Compressor continues to run for about 20 minutes , shut off for 5 and started running again.  I cut it off at the breaker.

Tonight I went to turn it on and the compressor started running as soon as I turned on the breaker, thermostat still off.

Its never done this before.  Last summer the thermostat was replaced because the ac (as a whole) wasn't shutting off and it was freezing up.  Replaced thermostat and it worked fine until now.

Any ideas?

My opinion...Inspect wire connections, keeping close eye out for a strand of wire that is making contact with near by wire and bleeding elec over where it shouldn't.  If no loose wire strands...Google up just like I've typed it

dou therm & acservice & pdf

Then go to ac section for your model and ...Trouble shoot.  Im thinking sencor. 

But If you have to pay somebody shop rates...hope they are good at trouble shooting because Could get pricey, age of ac you might be thinking about replacement due to shop rates involved and if fixxed. How long till next problem as RV stuff usually not top quality.  

If trouble shooting yourself manual is quite detailed.

• 3 weeks later...