• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Truck Was Running Fine Suddenly Won't Start

I have an '01 Dodge diesel 3/4 ton that I rebuilt the engine on and it started right up after bleeding the fuel lines it started right up and ran fine. One of the batteries was dead and I replaced it tonight and went to start it up it just turned over like it wasn't getting any fuel. The overhead display read "CCD" and the engine light was on. The scanner pulled P0122 and P1698 codes. P0122 looks like throttle positon sensor and I can't find the P1698. Could replacing a battery killed the TPS sensor or was it just coincidental? I'd appreciate any assistance or insight anyone has on this.

The P1698 means it isn't getting anything out of the CCD. You might check all the connections that go to that battery if it was the drivers side with the hundred little red wires going to that positive terminal, making sure they are all making good contact. It also looks like you have a 10 amp fuse in the drivers side fuse block on the side of the dash that ties into it all. Might check that too.

Thanks for replying, it helped. When I changed the battery, a ground wire came out the terminal that I didn't notice and it fired right up. I replaced it and checked the ECM connections they were tight. If the PCM is on the passenger side of the firewall it's tight but I'm still getting the P1698 code and check engine light is still on. Again thanks for the help.