• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Vacuum selector part number?

Do you want the selector or the actuator.....  (selector failure is rare.  actuator failure more common.)

Selector  is the same on all models only difference is with or without power mirrors.

image.png.2399fa520c61f79d296a2d0939e0360a.png

HTH

Hag

9 hours ago, Haggar said:

Do you want the selector or the actuator.....  (selector failure is rare.  actuator failure more common.)

Selector  is the same on all models only difference is with or without power mirrors.

image.png.2399fa520c61f79d296a2d0939e0360a.png

HTH

Hag

I need the vacuum selector. The actuator is in good condition and seems to work fine when I hook it up to an external vacuum source. I just don't want to purchase the entire climate control section when's it's only the little vacuum selector on the back of it that I need. I'm starting to think that's there's no part number for the vacuum selector and that they would only have the part number for the entire assembly. Hopefully picknpull will have a couple 2nd gens I can look at for it.

Edited by Southpole560

Pretty sure the only way get it is the assembly. The junkyards ought to have plenty of them. There is parts guy down my way that had a basket fuul of them. He deals mostly in 2nd gen stuff. 

I would be wiiling to bet that your vacuum line either near firewall  or behind where it goes thru at the ac lines is broken, if it will work connected to another source. Mine did the same thing a while back. I ran a new vacuum line from manifold on the firewall, drivers side,  thru the firewall straight to the actuator and it works fine. Never understood why Dodge ran that line from one side of the truck back to the other side.

Edited by dripley

5 hours ago, dripley said:

Pretty sure the only way get it is the assembly. The junkyards ought to have plenty of them. There is parts guy down my way that had a basket fuul of them. He deals mostly in 2nd gen stuff. 

I would be wiiling to bet that your vacuum line either near firewall  or behind where it goes thru at the ac lines is broken, if it will work connected to another source. Mine did the same thing a while back. I ran a new vacuum line from manifold on the firewall, drivers side,  thru the firewall straight to the actuator and it works fine. Never understood why Dodge ran that line from one side of the truck back to the other side.

I'm thinking I'm gonna have to get the entire assembly unfortunately. I might be able to strip one apart if I can find it at picknpull. All the other actuators work, it's just the recirculation one that doesn't. I checked the recirculation line from the vacuum selector to the actuator and there is a vacuum on it but it is very weak when the truck is on. I'm almost positive that it is the selector. The only other thing it would be is the green vacuum line that goes from the selector to the actuator but it still seems very plyable and not stiff. I don't know how that would crack and create a leak though. Hopefully it's just the selector because if not I gotta rip the entire dash apart again just to replace that stupid green line :duh:

No need to disassemble it just swap the whole unit. You could just run a line outside the dash between the 2 just see if it ls the line. If it is the line l'll bet you could re route a line between the 2 without removing the dash providing i could see point A and B.

14 hours ago, dripley said:

No need to disassemble it just swap the whole unit. You could just run a line outside the dash between the 2 just see if it ls the line. If it is the line l'll bet you could re route a line between the 2 without removing the dash providing i could see point A and B.

Yea I could swap it, just don't want to because there's nothing else wrong with it. If I can find a good deal on a whole unit I'll probably just do that. The vacuum line has a strange connection to the back of the selector so if it is broken somewhere I'll probably have to get a vacuum splice or figure out a method.

21 minutes ago, Southpole560 said:

Yea I could swap it, just don't want to because there's nothing else wrong with it. If I can find a good deal on a whole unit I'll probably just do that. The vacuum line has a strange connection to the back of the selector so if it is broken somewhere I'll probably have to get a vacuum splice or figure out a method.

When the vacuum supply to the selector broke on mine I just pulled it off and pushed on a new vacuum line on, pretty simple. I have another one with the heated mirror switch on it that I need to install. I don't expect any problem with the swap. But they have been together for 18.5 years so who knows.

4 minutes ago, dripley said:

When the vacuum supply to the selector broke on mine I just pulled it off and pushed on a new vacuum line on, pretty simple. I have another one with the heated mirror switch on it that I need to install. I don't expect any problem with the swap. But they have been together for 18.5 years so who knows.

The individual lines on the back come off of the rubber manifold? Well dang, I didn't even realize that :doh:

1 minute ago, Southpole560 said:

The individual lines on the back come off of the rubber manifold? Well dang, I didn't even realize that :doh:

The only one l removed was the line that provides the vacuum from the pump to the selector. I would have to assume the all will slip off with some encouragement. 

• Like 1

Since we're on the subject, my vent control got screwed up somehow, went to defrost, now it won't change back to the dash vents. In the Dash(AC selection) I have vacuum to the actuator behind the glove  box and the actuator toward the firewall and both work. I have NO vacuum to the actuator that has 2 vacuum lines on the bottom of the unit.

• 2 weeks later...