• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Brush Creek

Mopar1973Man

• Owner

Ok now that I'm home for a small bit to grab supplies. 

Brush creek is only like 6 or 7 miles in off the US95. You turn off at Smokey Boulder Road and speed limit is 25 MPH. The road is gravel for the first part. When you get to the fork just hang to the right. Continue about 2 more miles. Brush creek campground is without any services. No water or power. Pack in and pack out. I forgot my camera at the RV. We came out to grab some food we left at the house and grab showers. I've got Eileen two grand sons here too (Parker and Kayden) they are having a blast playing in the creek. 

We are kind of cheating coming home to shower to help in extending the water at the RV. But easier to do that that break up camp and hitch up to back haul to fill the RV with water. 

Again sorry for forgetting my camera I'll post it when I come back again. :doh:

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Owner

I'm doing a twist on this camping trip and doing work camping. So I got up this morning at the RV at 7:30am and hauled for the house got a shower and coffee. Waiting on a few phone calls for A/C service up here. Got about a 1/2 day of work then I'll return to the RV for the afternoon. I for got my camera again. Dang it! :mad:

It's been a wonderful time with the grandkids. Got a couple of cheap dollar store glow stick rockets. We were shooting these thing out in the parking area of the campground till nearly 10pm. Had wonderful Mexican food cooked out side and fire even in the fire pit. We've been there now 5 days and still going with the water on board. Like I said we cheated a bit and had showers back home. Only a quick 10 miles back to the house. 

Only photo I've got on my cellphone with me... I'll remember to bring home my big camera yet. 

20200809_192711.jpg

• Owner

I push to get the RV tucked into the trees for good shade through the day.

DSCF5045.JPG

Even brought the weed wacker to trim back the tall grass giving a mini front yard by the RV for the grand kids to play. 

DSCF5046.JPG

So , @Wet Vette leading the grand kids down into the creek through the Elk Brush. Parker and Kayden. Great shady place for kids to play and the water is shallow so they are not going to drown. 

DSCF5057.JPG

@Wet Vette chasing the setting sun with the solar panels. 

DSCF5070.JPG

Look back from the road...

DSCF5060.JPG

Out doing a bit of hiking with everyone...

20200809_174714.jpg

The grand kids got a bit tender footed out in the sticks I told them I would fireman carry them through the needles. 20200809_174931.jpg20200809_174936.jpg

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

• Owner
58 minutes ago, Threadzy said:

Looks like you guys are have a blast! Beautiful area you’re at. Makes me wanna hookup my trailer and get out of town. 

Yup. This is why I'm starting this. I'm thinking I want to make a database of all the little spots I know of and if they are free or paid camping. Then list all the resources possible for different spots. This is so others looking now can share into the fun and go to these places. 

Like I'm back at home now... You can see some of the stuff I packed along for this trip. I've got some firewood from home, my fire pit and grill. My weed wacker to cut back some of the tall grasses and weeds. This keeps snakes and mice away from the area. I was packing my tools for work the last few days and doing work camping more or less getting up early and leaving for work. 

Even went back and got my 2kw generator so the boys could watch movies at night. Not to mention if you leave and don't have the solar panels out then the batteries don't charge too well.

DSCF5072.JPG

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 2