• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

So I've had my fuel pressure kit for my quad for about a year and a half. Last week the sender died and all it shows is 100 PSI

After contacting the company,  the only response I got was essentially 'tough luck'. I really hate to spend another $70 on it, so long story short, has anyone had luck with any other senders? 

• Administrator

All electric sender MUST NOT be install right at the VP44 it will beat the sensor to death every time. You must remote mount and plumb them. The water hammer pulses at about 600 times a second so the distance is added for that to fade out. Like yelling out side you can be heard good at a short range bit a mile and farther away it could be hard to heard some one yelling. The other sensor here in my boost pressure. The reason for this if I need to test any sensor I can place a tee in the line and hook up mechanical gauge and test the sensor for accuracy.

iss-pro-fuel-pressure-sender.jpg.8786ebf

Mine are located on the fender. There is 6 feet of 1/8" air brake line to the snubber is installed at the tap point. I'm using a sinstered metal snubber. I do have also a cut off valve for safety. 

fuel-pressure-tap-point.jpg.1439b0459599

This has been working now for over 10 years no issues. Same sensor and never been replaced. 

I understand what you are saying, and maybe I'll do something similar when I get mine replaced. As of now, I have it plumbed into the outlet of the fuel filter, which according to the directions should be fine. 

Are you using the sender that Quadzilla supplies? While I've been very happy with the Quad, and all the other customer service I've received from them, this experience does not have me excited to buy another sender from them.