• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

P-pumps gov spring kit

Hi, i bought and install a governor spring kit, installed it on my truck, and here is the part where im confused...

The kit came with 3 spring, if i understood correctly, for a 3k kit, i dont use the small spring. Here is the issue, my pump as already been tampered with, when i took all the spring out, except the largest one on the outside, it only had 2 spring,ther was no small spring. Is it because one is missing. Or for a 3k install, there is no small spring at all in the pump?

I install all 3 of them anyway, with a auto transmission, do you think it will shift at 3k or 4k? Im asking cause the valve spring are still stock.

thx for your time

Hopefully a 12 valve guru will reply. The last one I tampered with just did the modified washer thing found on Google or YouTube can't  remember but it only had the 2 spring setup and worked out great no stalling or bucking. The shift point is controlled  by the transmission valve body and won't have a noticeable  speed difference but your engine will power thru and not start refueling at 2700 RPM.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think backing the retainer nut off 3 turns is the answer.

As you are required to measure the depth of the retainer nut with a micrometer.

It should be in three clicks.

If you're idling high use a 10 mm socket and wrench and adjust the idle in the normal manner on the throttle arm assembly.

If you back off the net one turn and the retainer detent clicks are not able to hold the net in place.

You stand a high probability of having the nut backing off and Scatter mingle Springs in a hot mess fashion. possibly taking out the entire Governor housing and or assembly.

And if it takes the control rack shaft with it you better talk to your bank about upping your credit card limit.