• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I have just recently got my hands on a 2000 ram 2500 with 24v and 5 speed tranny. I drove the truck for a few days and it threw code p0122 and p0234, had diagnostics ran and replaced the apps. Drove for 1 day with no engine light and then it cam back on with the same codes. Got them cleared, checked voltage on apps and got it to .51 dc. Drove truck again and it done good for a few days then the light came back on with p0122, p0500, and p1693. I’ve checked voltage again on apps and it was .39 and couldn’t get it to set around .51, I’ve checked all wiring and grounds and it all looks good. truck is completely stock as far as I’m concerned beside a cold air intake. Please help, it’s getting frustrating.

4 hours ago, 1stgenlife said:

I have just recently got my hands on a 2000 ram 2500 with 24v and 5 speed tranny. I drove the truck for a few days and it threw code p0122 and p0234, had diagnostics ran and replaced the apps. Drove for 1 day with no engine light and then it cam back on with the same codes. Got them cleared, checked voltage on apps and got it to .51 dc. Drove truck again and it done good for a few days then the light came back on with p0122, p0500, and p1693. I’ve checked voltage again on apps and it was .39 and couldn’t get it to set around .51, I’ve checked all wiring and grounds and it all looks good. truck is completely stock as far as I’m concerned beside a cold air intake. Please help, it’s getting frustrating.

I have to ask what apps did you use, oe style or an aftermarket? A Timbo apps is the best money can buy for the 2nd gens. Pretty much plug and play and very reliable. I would also recomend doing WT's ground mod. It is in the articles section and easy to do. Unfortunately I cant seem to link anything these days. I would do this before chasing the odd codes unless they are causing drivability issues. Then after see what comes back.

• Owner

Timbo APPS has no voltage to set. It's fully mechanical APPS and no electronics. 

APPS voltage Adjustment - Stopping the Myths! - 2nd Generation Dodge 24  Valve Powertrain - Mopar1973Man's Dodge Cummins Forum

Stock APPS requires the voltage to be correct for the IVS (Idle Validation Switches). The voltage is used to tell the ECM if the driver is THROTTLING or IDLING. When it in the IDLING state the APPS sensor is igniored and the ECM software is used to set the 800 RPM. Once the voltage rises past the idle state then the ECM is told to listen to APPS sensor value. OEM APPS sensor has electronics in it to tell the ECM what to do.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

On 9/29/2020 at 7:43 PM, dripley said:

I have to ask what apps did you use, oe style or an aftermarket? A Timbo apps is the best money can buy for the 2nd gens. Pretty much plug and play and very reliable. I would also recomend doing WT's ground mod. It is in the articles section and easy to do. Unfortunately I cant seem to link anything these days. I would do this before chasing the odd codes unless they are causing drivability issues. Then after see what comes back.

I just bought the apps and bracket as 1 piece from O’reilly’s. Before purchasing the whole thing I bought just the sensor from autozone and put it on and the truck just redlined when I started it so I took it back, went to oreillys and they told me that for a standard transmission you have to buy the bracket and all because of the way it’s calibrated. I drove again today and the engine light went off. It will more than like come back on and give me a dead pedal as it’s done before.

And thank you all for the answers! Very much appreciated! What is the wt’s ground for exactly?

Not sure what Oriellys is saying on the braket. Mine is the OE and has had 4 different apps sensors in it. Never heard that one before. I know I priced the bellcrank and sensor assembly back in 08, somewhere in the $480 range IIRC. That was enough sricker shock for me.