• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Building a tune around OEM timing

If I wanted to build a tune around OEM timing, what would I set the maxes at??? I've been driving with my quad on lvl 0 all week and I like it but it needs a few small tweeks to be perfect, so figured I'd build a tune but then....... I realized I have no idea what the oem timing maxes are lol 😅 

• Owner

Stock timing is not efficient by any means. 

The green bar areas are a good place to stay for stockish trucks. 

Like 13, 17, 21, 25 (+4 step) would be a good spot to try or 13,16, 19, 22 (+3 step) are both good starts. I've got to run a good drop of timing in the winter due to the high cetane fuels out here. Then when summer gets here I crank it back up and run high timing because of low cetane fuels.

QUADZILLA TIMING SECRET 

If you REALLY want to keep the stock. Then on the timing section set everything to ZERO. Then go into MAX TIMING and set the plus amount of timing ZERO would be stock completely. Like 1500 RPM you go +1 degree. 2K go +2 etc. This was a hidden setting if you wanted to follow the stock timing map. @Me78569has more experience with this.

10 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

QUADZILLA TIMING SECRET 

If you REALLY want to keep the stock. Then on the timing section set everything to ZERO. Then go into MAX TIMING and set the plus amount of timing ZERO would be stock completely. Like 1500 RPM you go +1 degree. 2K go +2 etc. This was a hidden setting if you wanted to follow the stock timing map. @Me78569has more experience with this.

THIS is what I was looking for, I knew ME had said something along these lines before but I couldn't find it so I posted instead 

• Like 1