• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hey.... Just Morning Coffee and Wired Up Chat........

JAG1

• Staff

Hello everyone, just got my laptop repaired and got it back..... Does anyone know where @IBMobilenew paint job pictures are? I looked a little but need to get back working outside. The ice storm really hit us hard in our small woodland. 

• Staff

Hey that 12 inch bubble that was on the RV roof after I put new roof on, it is gone. I vowed never to tell you about it being your a short guy and can't see up there anyhow. :whistle2:

Truck is beautiful, especially the pic sitting in the sunlight. :thumb1:

Edited by JAG1
  • Haha 1

• Staff

That's my signature on it, ya know......:punish:

What do you expect from 'Flintstone RV Repair' on Pebble Road. :lol:

Oh it's so nice BTW, to have A/C last summer. I found every excuse in the book to go get stuff all summer long. :)

Edited by JAG1

• Staff
27 minutes ago, Royal Squire said:

Had hoped to see some photos of the RV roof replacement. @IBMobilethe truck looks great. 

It came out good and the two little pebbles he is talking about came off my shoes. It got sticky fairly fast and the OSB plywood being like camo, you couldn't see the two 1/8th inch pieces of gravel stuck there until the membrane got laid over. It was at the end with not anywhere to stand without standing on the adhesive.

You had to work kind of fast so your adhesive did not get too dry, it's not an easy job with most of the work in the preparation.

There where places in the roof where the insulation was not there and some not cut very snug. We really helped his RV a lot with that as we opened up the front and removed all the vents. 

Edited by JAG1

• Staff
1 hour ago, JAG1 said:

Had hoped to see some photos of the RV roof replacement

Sadly, I failed to take pictures of the work in progress.  I was glad to have JAG there for his carpentry skills.  He replaced water damaged wood in the front two feet of the roof and added plywood fillers when the sky light over the tub and the antenna were removed.  When the OSB was removed you could see the poor quality of workmanship at the factory level.  Staples that hold down the OSB missed the roof/ceiling rafters, insulation missing, and saw dust everywhere.   

The most work after the roof repair was prep,  Removing the staples and cleaning the old butyl tape off the roof trim molding and four side of the trailer.  After the new roof material was laid down two layers of new butyl tape installed; one between the siding and roofing material and the other layer between the roofing material and molding, lastly a bead of sealant between the siding and material.  The installation of the AC unit, new roof vents, and adding a bead of sealant around all the vents and termination bars at the both end of the trailer.

All this work took over a week since I don't start working till 9 AM and being in Oregon it rained a lot and work would have to stop for the day when it did.   I would cover the trailer with two large tarps at the end of the day for water protection and I was living in it while work was going on.  

• Thanks 1