• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fuel tank questions

I had a Banks tuner on mine when I put RV's in. An Ottomind rated at 75 rwhp. The power increase from the rv's was still noticeable after install and I picked up 1 mpg gallon with them. 18.5 to 19.5 on pure highway runs. They were not smokey at all with that set up. I now have a Comp and they are a little smokey off idle but clear up pretty quick. I have run 32 to33 psi on that set up until recently it has dropped off but believe the waste actuator is getting old. I dont seem to have any boost leaks. At those levels studs are not necessary but not a bad thing to have if you are going larger in the future. I recently replaced my head gasket due to a leak on the right front corner of the head. I went back with the stock head bolts. Per Cummins they were still in spec. Not trying to talk out of the studs if you want them but the stock bolts will work at the power levels you are at now. I figured for myself if I decided to go bigger on power that I could add them later fairly easy. But as always do what makes you comfortable for the future.

Update, just test drove the new RV 275 injectors and connector tubes. No more high pitch tick tick tick, no more pressure in my fuel tank and no more slobbering fuel on #6 injector tube where it connects to the high pressure line... Now to figure out where the coolant leak is... I cleaned up the engine and will fire it up in the morning, checking for the coolant leak at the rear of the head.... Thanks again for all your help.....

• Owner

Actually be best to get a coolant system pressure tester. Pump the coolant system up while the engine is cold. Now leave it sit for a half an hour. Now you should have a nice trail leading back to the leak.  A hot engine might evaporate the coolant before it hit the ground like my 1996 Dodge did. It was losing coolant out of the front of the manifold but drying up before it dripped on the ground. When I pumped it up and left it I had a nice little puddle and follwed the wet track to the source and knew exactly what to do... Change the manifold gasket. 

snn-mt300_lx.jpg?rep=False

• Like 2