• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

power door locks

mine lock at 15mph (stock PDL setup)If they lock when you turn the key on, then most likely, it's an aftermarket keyless entry system. If you leave the drivers door open, and turn the ignition to ON, and they still lock, then whoever installed it did so incorrectly, and didn't tag the proper doorpin wire.Drop the lower driver's dash cover (in front of your knees), pull the metal panel too. Then look for a black bock with a white plug and about 15 wires going into it. It's most likely zip-tied up to existing wires. should have 2 relays (together) as well. Those would be your 5-wire reversing-polarity relays for the Door-lock actuators. In example, a Viper doorlock setup (keyless entry or alarm w/doorlock control), by default, is set for ignition locking, and unlocking when key is turned off. It is a setting than can be changed.The ignition locking should be overridden if a door is open, or a doorpin contact is 'closed'. This is supposed to keep you from accidentally locking the keys inside a running car. I can add more, if you like..

• 2 weeks later...

as far as i can tell it does not have an aftermarket security system and i dont have the factory keyless remote entry either this is something that just recently started the only thing that i have done was remove the "dinger" speaker when the key is in the ignition and the door is open.

Mine does the same thing. Just as Rogan described, mine has an aftermarket alarm...installed exactly as he described. I will get around to removing it some day. It causes some unusual starting problems. Specifically, if I crank the engine for too short a duration the ignition will shut down for exactly one hour. then it will start fine. Crazy.bb