• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Points to HEI conversion small block chevy

I just changed a distributor on a 96 suburban 454 original wore out it was plastic too, put an aluminum one on from rock auto. Whoever changed intake gaskets before dropped the distributor in 2 teeth off, can't believe it still ran ok. Always had a code for random misfire, I thought the timing chain was stretched out. Got new one  in the right way after doing lower intake gaskets again and it runs perfect now no check engine light anymore.

• Staff
On 5/12/2021 at 10:00 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

Yup. Keyed 12V to distributor. The module hooks to the inside plug. Then IIRC there is BATT terminal for keyed power. Then there is tach terminal if you want to hook a tachometer.

There is a tach in the dash, I assume it's driven by electrical signal. Being it's a '67 I believe that's how it was done. This is just something I've been considering just to make it more reliable and easier to start. The truck sits alot but I do have some plans for it this summer. I want to put in another gravel driveway, haul some grain and some other odd hauling jobs. For what ever reason I'm kind of find of this old truck. Don't know what it is but I like messing with it. Maybe the nostalgia of 1967? I don't know. Lol

Considering swapping out the 2bbl carb and manifold for a 4bbl as well. A buddy has a 600 Holley that can be had cheap just need to find a manifold. 

• Like 1