• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Suggestions for injectors, turbo, head gasket.

Oh yeah, it's running much cooler now.  I'm between 550-650* at 65mph or less and about 700* at 80mph.  I'm still slowly tweaking the tune though, added another half degree of timing to the light throttle setting.  I've started a stupid tune but that's hard to work on in icy weather and next spring I'll start on a tow tune.   I'm also getting into the habit of leaving the OD off if the RPM's will be lower than 2k in 3rd gear.  It helps that light throttle timing kick in sooner for cruising around town.  

• Like 1

• Owner

That the entire trick right there the lower the EGT's remain while driving the least amount of fuel being burned also the least amount of drag. This equals efficiency! Now you have much more room for towing or climbing hills without EGT's being a factor. Just to show a difference like yesterday I had to haul my buddies Bobcat to Donnelly ID. I chose to use Thor the 2006 Dodge. Bad choice... Being its stock timed that means the EGT's are way higher which I ran 1,100 to 1,200*F the whole trip. Not much power either. Now if I taken Beast the 2002 with all the timing tweaks I've done plus final ratio I would of had way less problems. Like my last haul with Beast to AZ with the RV I was climbing grades 7% at 7,000 feet without EGT's still floating 1,000*F which was about the same weight as what Thor was towing.  Proper timing and gearing makes all the difference in the world for working these trucks.