• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Somone correct me if I am wrong!If my truck is running, and I supply power to the coil of my lift pump relay!Now I turn off the ignition will the engine stay running until I remove power from the lift pump relay?If nothing else stops the engine then that will allow it to run?

I think the engine gets killed by dumping power to the VP (turning the key off). The lift pump can stay running but it won't do anything but shoot fuel through the return line.

use the term "shoot fuel" loosely...as mopar1973man's video shows...it won't move much fuel...

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=YREpPrMxkHU

--- Update to the previous post...

you can actually see that the VP44 returns more fuel at higher rpms!

use the term "shoot fuel" loosely...as mopar1973man's video shows...it won't move much fuel...

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=YREpPrMxkHU

--- Update to the previous post...

you can actually see that the VP44 returns more fuel at higher rpms!

I know, I'm the one that threatened him so he would make the video :lmao:

• Owner

Well I was under the assumption that the lift pump was all that kept the engine running. So what else is controlled by a timer to let a turbo cool down. I want to make my own cool down timer for my truck.

Actually the feed to the Key ON wire from the ignition switch is held ON by the timer till the timer expires then the power is dropped. So this keeps everything in your truck operational PCM, ECM, lift pump, alternator etc. Also for security reasons the brake/trans selecter is usually monitored so if some see the vehicle run and figures he can drive off as soon as they it the brakes the engine dies. (Edge Juice - Turbo timer)