• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel forum. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Ram Cummins owners. We will try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use. 

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members. Post up your used parts and vehicles.
    • Member Garage where you can proudly display your vehicles and modifications that you have done to them.
    • Download files, documents, and Quadzilla Adrenaline tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.
    • Reduced Advertisements displayed to you.

Somone correct me if I am wrong!If my truck is running, and I supply power to the coil of my lift pump relay!Now I turn off the ignition will the engine stay running until I remove power from the lift pump relay?If nothing else stops the engine then that will allow it to run?

I think the engine gets killed by dumping power to the VP (turning the key off). The lift pump can stay running but it won't do anything but shoot fuel through the return line.

use the term "shoot fuel" loosely...as mopar1973man's video shows...it won't move much fuel...

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=YREpPrMxkHU

--- Update to the previous post...

you can actually see that the VP44 returns more fuel at higher rpms!

Well I was under the assumption that the lift pump was all that kept the engine running.So what else is controlled by a timer to let a turbo cool down.I want to make my own cool down timer for my truck.

use the term "shoot fuel" loosely...as mopar1973man's video shows...it won't move much fuel...

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=YREpPrMxkHU

--- Update to the previous post...

you can actually see that the VP44 returns more fuel at higher rpms!

I know, I'm the one that threatened him so he would make the video :lmao:

Well I was under the assumption that the lift pump was all that kept the engine running. So what else is controlled by a timer to let a turbo cool down. I want to make my own cool down timer for my truck.

Actually the feed to the Key ON wire from the ignition switch is held ON by the timer till the timer expires then the power is dropped. So this keeps everything in your truck operational PCM, ECM, lift pump, alternator etc. Also for security reasons the brake/trans selecter is usually monitored so if some see the vehicle run and figures he can drive off as soon as they it the brakes the engine dies. (Edge Juice - Turbo timer)