• Announcements

• Me78569

High Idle Kit Sale   09/06/2017

Just in time for Father Winter, we are offering a %10 Discount for the first 10 High Idle switches sold until 10/1/2017.  Just use the coupon code HighIdle at checkout to get %10 off. Visit out store to see details on the High Idle Kit.       

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jlwelding

Cummins Reman

Wild and Free    1,107
Wild and Free

Cost is About 5 times more than having a head job done at a shop. They come as a bare head and block. You need to swap every single exterior component over from old to new. Looks like a naked hunk of cast.

jlwelding    23
jlwelding

I came across a motor with 56k for 4500.00 plus ship and one for 2500.00 plus ship with 157k miles, both come with 1 year warranty as long as you replace water pump. ha, no problem there.

jlwelding    23
jlwelding

No way man, that's the people that ripped me off on the 7.3 power stroke I had. Sold me a short block and it used 1 gal of oil every 3k. I had liquid oil dripping from my tail pipe.They also screwed a guy on TDG on a cummins motor, he took them to court and won.Stay away stay very far away.

white01    0
white01

No way man, that's the people that ripped me off on the 7.3 power stroke I had. Sold me a short block and it used 1 gal of oil every 3k. I had liquid oil dripping from my tail pipe. They also screwed a guy on TDG on a cummins motor, he took them to court and won. Stay away stay very far away.

thank you for the heads up on that :thumbup2:

Blueox01    0
Blueox01

I came across a motor with 56k for 4500.00 plus ship and one for 2500.00 plus ship with 157k miles, both come with 1 year warranty as long as you replace water pump. ha, no problem there.

Neither one of these are even broke in yet. Or have you looked on E-Bay or called you local Frieghtliner Dealer.

Prowelder    3
Prowelder

I would just try to find a solid used engine with low miles. Anything with 100k or less is just about brand new. Or just have yours rebuilt if you feel it needs it.:thumbup2: