• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Another NV4500 failure.

• Owner

I've always been good about keeping fluids changed and checked. Yeah amount of power is part of longevity. Just like I asked Jason about that he stated the high power put more stress on the gears. He's got no problem with the 50 weight transmission fluid being is GL-4 and good for viscosity. Yeah the power does play a role. 

1. Broke the main shaft. (Edge Comp & +75 HP injectors)

2. Wore the hard facing out of 5th broke the gear.

3. Two sets of defective brass synchro. One set was 3nd gear and the other set was 4th gear.

4. Wore the hard facing out of the input gear and broke.

What I never had a problem with.

1. Never had a 5th gear nut issue

2. Never had a input shaft break.

3. Never had bearing failure.

4. Never had synchro failure (except the two defective sets less than 2k miles).