• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

So,.......I bought it. New to me 5'er

• Staff

A few weeks ago I pulled a buddy's 5'er to the campground for him since his truck was down. Well, long story short, he decided to sell and I bought it.

A 1994 coachman 360RK imperial. Very nice camper. Took it out the first time this weekend and we love it. So much space compared to our '89 jayco 29' bumper pull. 

We camped in Quincy MI. Where my son and his wife have a seasonal spot. My other son came up and we all had a great time with 6 of our 14 grandkids here as well.

The camper is an older model but in very good shape. Only issue I'd like to figure out without having to do major mods is the camper is high in front when hooked to my truck (2001 dodge ram 3500 4x4 dually). See pic below. It looks worse than it is in the pic, I'll get a better one later. 

20211001_121932.jpg

• Like 3

• Staff

Congratulations on the score.  It is a monster compared to my little 24.5' 5er. 

You can do one of two things that will raise the trailer height I can think of.  The first thing I thought of was to flip your axles.   A friend of mine did this and raised it so high he has to put an extra step to get in. 

The other is to weld spacer blocks to the frame then weld the spring shackles to the blocks.  Don't just add blocks between the axle and spring; lateral loads can twist the longer U-bolts and pop the spacer blocks out.

Edited by IBMobile
  • Like 1

• Staff

@Mopar1973Man, the wife really likes the open floor plan and big kitchen.

Been looking around at options for lifting the rv. Dexter axle makes a spring over kit, I think that may be the way to go at least to start. If needed, could a person cut down the factory blocks under the springs on the truck? I don't want to unless absolutely necessary but just a thought and only if the spring over conversion isn't enough. Really don't want to have to mod the truck unless it's absolutely needed.