• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Well it finally happened! QUADZILLLLLA

• 1 month later...
  • Owner

Most likely making negative torque. More or less have expanding gases in the cylinder before the piston makes it to the top. So part of the power is lost in that part of the stroke and then when the crank passes TDC then the expanding gases are pushing hard. EGT are higher than they should be... Also if you monitoring the oil temp you'll notice the engine oil temps will be higher being there is more flame front in contact with the cylinder walls longer so the coolant near the oil cooler get heat soaked and oil temps rise. 

66 MPH = 2,000 RPM = 550*F EGT's = 162*F Oil Temp 

55 MPH = 1,600 RPM = 450 EGT's = 158*F Oil Temp 

Anything that is generating heat is a loss of power... If you truly getting all the power consumed all your temperatures should be low. The only way I could reach 725 to 775*F is hauling my RV on flat ground or climbing a 7% grade typically.

Already got to 28.04 MPG on this tune... 425 miles at a half a tank typically if I'm running light foot.