• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Bed bolts ?

They are just about 1.5" long screws, no nuts. They are very easy to get to with a long extension. They should all be 15mm.Those pictures are of one side, the other side of the truck has the same bolts. The back bolts are on the inside of the frame and the front bolts are on the outside.

post-45-138698170472_thumb.jpg

post-45-13869817048_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

My QCSB has six bolts. As has been mentioned, they are easy to access. The front two mount through perches that are a little flimsy. One of mine had cracked. I welded a big washer onto it and it's fine. Other than that, the frame is pretty flexxy on my truck and the cab and bed seem to move independently of each other.bb

Other than that, the frame is pretty flexxy on my truck and the cab and bed seem to move independently of each other. bb

you got that right...75mph down the free way with a full ladder rack makes the bed move around a lot! i never notice until a couple months ago, when i rode in the back seat. i was worried so i check at the next rest stop and all the bolts were present and tight. :shrug:

Here's a pic of my truck through some articulation mounds. It is a crappy shot but you can see how the body lines are off. The holes under th right rear and left front are deep enough to hang me up there. I had to put a rock under the LF tire to get out of the hole. So, that's about as bad as it will get... The good news is that the added flex in the frame makes for better overall articulation in these types of situations.

Posted Image

Here's what the rear looked like:

Posted Image