• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Thermostat for 2018

jlwelding

My son in law is changing antifreeze and wants to replace the T-stat on his 2018 3500, the only problem is Dodge wants 250.00 plus for a new one. Anyone have any part numbers to get around Dodge? I looked on Cummins and all I get is 2nd and 3rd gen. 

The one in my 4th Gen is PN 5292712. I am pretty sure the stock tstat is 200* and the one I got is 190*. Only reason I got the 190 is bc it was what the local cummins dealer had in stock. It’s been good. It was like $50-$100. Shocked the dealer would want $250… 

FYI, it looks like the 200* is PN 5292724. If all of his emissions are still intact he might want the 200*, but I’ve never really heard any convincing arguments to make me worry about the 10* difference, I just went with what was in stock locally at the time. 

• Owner
1 hour ago, Andyba20 said:

Only reason I got the 190 is bc it was what the local cummins dealer had in stock. It’s been good. It was like $50-$100.

Do not use the Cummins Thermostat its NOT a quality unit. I've seen a few fall apart and separate. Matter of fact I will not buy Cummins anything much anymore...

• Owner
1 hour ago, jlwelding said:

I had one years ago separate, it was in the truck when I bought it. I hate to hear that after I just put one in.:shrug:  What do you run?

• NAPA 375-180 - 180F thermostat
  • NAPA 375-190 - 190F thermostat

After seeing a local gent that I told to consider the Cummins thermostat and it separated. Be aware Cummins does NOT produce any thermostats but what Cummins does sell is produced by Holley / Mr. Gasket. The current Robertshaw design that I called Robertshaw and was told that Robertshaw no longer makes that thermostat but Holley / Mr. Gasket bought the design which produces Cummins thermostat as well.

Only reason I prefer the NAPA is because they have been upgrading all along making improvement where Cummins went backwards and started selling junk. 

• Thanks 1

Hard to go wrong with either the NAPA or a Stant, who very well may make the NAPA units. About $13 on RockAuto.

I like the Stant SuperStat, but they also make the Safety-Stat that fails open versus failing closed. NAPA also carries that safety style.