• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

MARCH Newsletter

• Owner

Ok Gang... Newsletter time once again...

First off down to business. I've asked and email everyone on the old system subscription system trying to get people to move over. Sorry this is the end of the trail as of today March 6, 2022 I'm pulling the Silver, Gold and Platinum plans. No exceptions. No longer can wait for everyone to switch over. I'm pulling the plug on those accounts. You'll be asked to renew on the new plan of monthly, quarterly and yearly. 

https://mopar1973man.com/subscriptions/

All Google Ads have been pulled from the subscribing members for now. I plan on allowing a small amount of the subscribing vendors to advertise to the subscribing members. I'm going to try and get a good balance of displayed ads without being too intrusive or not being seen. More to come here...

Vendors Directory is built on the website. This is for all you out there that have connections with different shops and dealers. Now we can get a listing up and share our resources with each other and be able to get the same quality products for the entire membership here. This is open for all members and vendors to list there info. 

https://mopar1973man.com/vendor.htm/

The next one is I've added a link for Rate Us. I'm asking all subscribing members to go out ot Google and rate Mopar1973Man.Com either what you gleaned from the website or possibly services I've performed on your truck. Please take a moment and go over to Google and Rate Us. As for articles, forum posts, and other things it really nice ot give the author some thumbs up by rating there documents. 

https://mopar1973man.com/rate_us.htm/

As for the article database this is here for all you to learn from others. If you know something about Cummins engines or Dodge/Ram trucks speak up and make an article and post up your knowledge. No matter what it is there is someone out there looking for that tidbit of knowledge so take a bit of time and build a good article with photos and text explaining how to do the task, upgrade, etc. 

https://mopar1973man.com/cummins/articles.html/

March 7, 2022

I've canceled all accounts through PayPal that were subscriptions on the old system. There should either be credit here on the site or refunded to your account for your last payments. You'll have to re-subscribe to the site under the new subscription system. The old Silver, Gold, and Platinum accounts are no longer. They have all been canceled and the whole subscription system has been purged.

NEXT TASK: I'll go through and kill the old permission system for all these and move any stray accounts over to the Unpaid Members.  This is completed and all permission mask are removed of the old system.

I've had issues with the bulk email. The URL was altered and made un-usable being a bad setting on my bulk email server. This ran down to email issues here on my local PC which had been killing my emails at times too. Between LiquidWeb and myself, I managed to get this sorted out and working correctly. Just another note I was praised by the techs at LiquidWeb for the security of my server. It was so tight none of them could get in at all to help me till I lowered a few firewalls to let them in. :wow:  Yup. It was so tight not even the senior Admin could get in they had to ask me to turn off a few things. :surrender:

Being the fuel prices are jumping up here I'm opting to stay put right here and work the website the most I can and build it up as quickly as possible. I can still do odds and ends service here wrenching too but I'm going to be much tighter for service calls that require me to roll anywhere. 

Now as for "Spammers" we have a ton load sitting in the member list. I've tweaked the system to handle based on scores. 

1/4 (User is unlikely to be a spammer) - Allow user to register as normal

2/4 (User is possibly a spammer) - Allow registration, but require moderation approval for all posts for 90 days

3/4 (User is likely to be a spammer) - Allow registration, but require moderation approval for all posts for 90 days

4/4 (User is a known spammer) - Do not allow user to register at all

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

• Owner

March 8, 2022

Vendors subscription should be good to go. We will provide only the subscribing vendors ad banners to the subscribing members of the site for only the header and foot of each page. This will come with unlimited clicks and impressions for those vendors. I'm also going to provide email ad space ot the vendors as well and randomly place a vendor ad in the emails that go out. Vendors that are current with subscription payments will be featured in the vendor listing area pushing there listing to the top. The vendor could also place a 468x60 pixel ad banner in there signature. Vendors will be provided a public forum area for posting up wares and communication directly with members. Vendors may suggest produces in the open forums. 

• Owner
3 hours ago, Max Tune said:

You're getting this place shaped up nicely.

I've been considering the route to take, the world is changing now. Being the website right now has the least amount of expense compared to running a truck. Just like I found out today the price of fuel in Riggins, ID will be over 6 dollars a gallon by Friday. That was enough to give me the boot to the butt and get working right here more. Currently, it's snowing here and I'm not really all the crazy of laying in the snow to work on a vehicle. 

Now I'm going to start rounding up the vendors and get them set up and ad banners rolling for them too. I'm going to get back to building pages for articles. When I get a shot at working on Thor I'm going to start building articles for even basic stuff like my valve adjustment article I did for the 2nd Gen now do one for the 3rd Gen. Which any member could do this too. Just surprises me no one does build articles. Like I said if you know something about these trucks why not share your knowledge with others. I'm going to try and slow down a bit and take the time and write articles on doing things like a clutch on 4th gen being I've figured out the secret to a bunch of stuff now. 

But at this time I'm going to continue building the articles from the documents I do have right here like all the 4th gen error codes, etc. 

Are the articles supposed to be a step by step, a rough guide, or both? 

I haven't gotten the W-T mod done yet due to a bit of confusion with the articles for it and I have other pressing matters right now.. Maybe I'm reading them too fast or because I'm not looking at my truck while reading them, but I'm still confused on it. Still need to figure out what I'm actually confused on though..

Sorry for the semi ramble I haven't had coffee yet. And I'm trying not to bad mouth any of the articles already up. I think if an article is intended as a how to, maybe there should be a frame work to follow or minor assumptions made to how it is written. Something along the lines of minimum known knowledge, or minimum tool types needed (hand tools, power tools, garage, lift, etc.). I don't think it needs to be take someone with zero automotive knowledge and be able to do said modification levels of broken down, but enough so that with basic prior knowledge, you can follow one without issue. As far as I know, most are already written this way in some form or another..

Something to think about at least. I'm not expecting a rewrite of all the articles to fit this.

• Owner

The simply version was requested by the people that are not electrical gurus. I can read and handle W-T original article its just majority of members here are wiring ignorant. Not to speak poorly of anyone but most people are not very good at wiring.

2 hours ago, Silverwolf2691 said:

Something to think about at least. I'm not expecting a rewrite of all the articles to fit this.

This is why ANYONE can rewrite any article they wish to improve what is here. It does not have to be me only, but anyone can produce articles and I welcome other to improve on what is here providing more information or better way of doing repairs and upgrades. That way I don't have to think about it so much because that would be huge buried. Problem is that very few members have even bothered to create a single article. Some of the older articles were lost when I learn that people posted all the photos on Photobucket or similar and then lost all the photos and the article was meaningless. No long had contact with the author so it was deleted because the photos has the key information to the repair or modification.  

March 8

I'm back to building article pages for the 4th gen side. This is a very long list of error codes nad trying to recreate PDF documents without all formatting code takes a lot of time to copy just the text and then re-format it to work for Google SEO reasons. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man