• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Emergency Brake Hub Temp

problem with my 2002. The ebrake is dragging. The left side is 135-150 and the right side is 235 and as high as 280. I am pulling my hair out over this one, I backed off the adjuster 3 times now and no temp change. I backed off the cable adjuster till I only have about 2 inches of ebrake pedal from the floor. I pushed the arms that the cable is attached to back on the hubs, helping the spring in other words. Go down the road and no change. This is insane, the brake disk on the inside is 109 but when you shoot the ebrake hub its 200 plus, the caliper is 97-109, the hub where the outer bearing is 90 degrees. I take my temp gun and shoot between the rim and the brake disk.

Define backed off the adjuster 3 times? If you mean just 3 screw driver movements (lack of a better phrase), you probably haven't even rotated the star wheel a full revolution. If you mean full back off then go till just dragging that's a different story.. Pulling everything off is probably the best way to diagnose at this point as well. I have a feeling the shoes are slightly wedged lopsided enough to drag on one side but not the other.

• Like 1

Backed off in Texas is 6or7 rounds each time. Anyhow, I got it figured out. I bought these calipers two months ago and the driver side was sticking first test drive down the block, got it replaced and thought that fixed everything. Passenger side was free as long as it was cool but as it heated up it dragged more. So it hit me its sticking too but only on the outside. It heats up the outside half of the disk and radiates to the hub. For instance the inside half of the disk was at 145 and the half to the outside of the truck actually at one time got to 290. I pulled caliper off on the passenger side and in the bushing you can feel it hanging on something rough in there. So I have a new one on the way.
If it can go wrong it will happen to me no doubt. 

• Like 1