• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

How to diagnose P1694, P0237, and P0238 without Drbiii

So I'm trying to figure out a previous problem where I suspect I fried my ecm. Long story short I did the wt wire mod on the truck, but didn't crimp a battery terminal right, and had a bad time. 

I sent the quadzilla module off, and they checked it out, and all is well with it. Truck is still throwing the same codes in the title, and with my janky Bosch scantool, I can see the map sensor still isn't reading, staying permanently stuck on 29.5hg. I tested all the wires, I'm getting good ground to the map sensor, and getting the 5 volts to it, but no signal on the wire. I have the ecm directly plugged into the map sensor (not through quadzilla) and the truck still shows no change. Can't erase codes either. 

I really really really suspect I fried my ecm. But I want to be 100% sure before I yank it and send it off to be repaired. The guides on here say to use a drbiii but I'm not shelling out $2500 for a used unit. Is there any other way to test these codes more accurately? I know someone with a snap on scan tool. 

I'm also highly considering just selling my quadzilla, and using that money towards a p pump swap. Kinda tired of stupid electrical problems. Which, yes, are mainly my fault. But still.... I want my truck back, and bulletproof. 

Edited by Ravewolf

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Time to do the diagnostics for the current codes. Time to test the system and follow the article.

Remember companion module is the ECM.

Well, since I don't have a drbiii tool, and I followed and tested everything, it's safe to say the ecm is toast. Fml. This truck has made me literally go through every major part on it at this point lol. 

I hate it.