• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Transmission temp all over the place

I went to leave work today and noticed a hazard sign flashing on my Adrenaline display.  It was coming from the trans temp icon.  I opened it up and the temp was bouncing all over the place, anywhere from 0-220*.  I have a mechanical gauge that was still reading less than 100 and the truck had only been running a few minutes so I knew the fluid wasn't hot.  When I started driving it settled at 100* and stayed there only occasionally popping up to 108* and then back down to 100*.  By the time I got home my mechanical gauge was at 140* while the Quad was still hanging at 100*.  The transmission performed flawlessly as usual, could this be an issue with the Quadzilla or the truck computer?

I tried to do that but the heater core lines are too close and I didn't have enough space for the sensor to protrude without hitting them.  I remember that day very well as I had removed the factory plug in the hole and accidentally hit the remote start button on my truck resulting in a geyser of freshly changed oil.   

• Haha 1