• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla issues

Sorry to bother you guys again, I just don’t know who else to go two, after a long year of not having a motor in my pickup I finally got one in and running! Truck is an 02 but i put an 01 motor in. Runs great in stock form but the problem is i hooked my Adrenaline back up and when the data link portion is plugged in and you rev the truck up it spits sputters and blows blue smoke, unplugged it runs normal kinda lost dont know if the box is messed up or what but it worked perfect before the last motor gave out  and it reads voltage egts and fuel pressure fine but it also dosent read boost anymore which i think could be a hint as to what isnt making a connection??? i cant for see the box being damaged being the problem but i have no clue just wondering if anyone else may have any suggestions before i go and buy another box that i may not need to buy😡😡

are you free reving when the smoke and sputter happens?  if so, don't free rev.  if you are not getting boost readings on the quad then that is a big issue.   it could be the box or your oem wiring.

• Like 1

Alright thanks for getting back boss👍👍👍 ive always had the v2 tuneing but for some reason on my last motor it always read that there was at least 13 pounds of boost so it never did that but i did alot more reading and thats kind of what I figured i just wanted to make sure nothing was getting f**ked up but thanks for the feedback

So I just messed with it some more today, and when driving the truck still reads 0psi no matter what condition, so it seems like tuneing is a little off from that but what i have noticed is after driving no matter if tuner is plugged in seems like it kinda skips a beat or misses a little bit here and there so maybe a map sensor? I pulled the module apart and it has the jumper in the correct spot so why its not reading boost is a complete mystery to me but it is fueling and the tunes do “work” for the most part i just hate to run it like that because i dont know if im hurting anything or not?

And what did you mean the map sensor not matching the expected style??? Sorry for seeming dull on the situation still really trying to figure these things out!😂😂

There are 3 different map sensors between 98.5 and 2002.  Your ecm is expecting one and you have the other.  

Could be the sensor or the wiring or both is mismatched.

The quad won't work well without a map reading.

When i unplug the iquad map sensor adapter and plug the pigtail from the truck back in it the iquad reads boost sits at 13-14 psi when i plug the iquad back into it reads nothing so the harness on the motor is off the 01 and the trucks an 02 should i get an adapter to run the map sensor off the 02?

Ordered an adapter to be able to run the 02 map sensor so ill get back to see if it solves my problem when it comes in!