• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Digital EGT module thinger

Has anyone ever seen/used one of these? I'm thinking of getting it. Might have enough pocket change laying around. My autometer one is a piece of crap and I don't think it even reads under 200F. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DIGITAL-EGT-THERMOMETER-PYROMETER-W-PROBE-NPT-/200479992542?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ead89eade http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=19&zenid=8e1935c848838db60b048b3aad855430

• Owner

Hmmmm... I like it that really kind of cool for a gauge... Not exactly eye friendly but it would work good!

The programmable alarm will turn on a blue LED in the front panel to get driver's attention if the temperature/pressure is above the setting point. It will also close a relay output port that can be used to turn on a buzzer, shut off the fuel, or turn on a cooling fan.

Or turn on the water/meth pump... :lmao2::lmao:

Yeah I didn't even see everything else it would do. I read a couple forums about it and they all say they love it and it is dead on. They said some "old version" wasn't very good but the one they are selling now is supposedly as fancy as it gets. The one on their site is $50, it should pick up my stock EGT probe. Mine goes down to 0F but the gauge needle stops at like 200F. I watched a youtube of it and the refresh rate seems to be half a second. I can turn it into eye candy :drool: That thing would be awesome if I could get it to turn water injection on!

I have not installed guages yet... my eyes could not focus on the focal length of a pillar mount. I don't like the dash mount... I just don't want anything blocking my windshield... I hate the blind spots created when I have the towing mirrors flipped up & out! This little combo guage might be installed in that little utility hole in the dash! Or maybe a clever install on the column... Please let me know about your experiences if you go ahead.Russ

I have not installed guages yet... my eyes could not focus on the focal length of a pillar mount. I don't like the dash mount... I just don't want anything blocking my windshield... I hate the blind spots created when I have the towing mirrors flipped up & out! This little combo gusge might be instaled in that little utility hole in the dash! Or maybe a clever install on the column... Please let me know about your experiences if you go ahead. Russ

After reading nothing but good reviews about it I went ahead and got it. Your thinking right along the lines of my thinking when it comes to mounting it. It is only 15/16" x 1 15/16" so that would fit perfectly where my ashtray is. I won't put anything on the pillar either, it is big enough as it is lol. There were 2 versions of it, the one I linked was the more limited version (1813) and the other one has more versatility (1812) and since I will end up playing with a million sensors I figured I better get the fancier one. Fancier one was $30 more but since it can display the readings of any sensor on anything I figure it will be well worth it. It ended up at $90 with shipping, which is still cheaper than what my EGT gauge was :banghead:

When I first looked at this digital combo guage... at least I thought it was... it seemed like it displayed 3 functions. I'm not seeing that now. Was I confused?I saw a 3 in 1 combo guage yesterday... drat! The bookmark dign't take! Maybe DiPricol. A single adjustable torpedo mount. I'd like to do a single combo guage on the column... I'd give up the whole top surface if I could just get what I needed... even if it hung over. I was even thinking about reworking a 03-- over the mirror mount... flipping it onto the column. The only thing on the column is my remote radar detector... can go anywhere.

From what I can tell, it can monitor anything that has a sensor. You just wire the sensor into it. The only bad thing is it can only do one at a time and the only way to switch is by rewiring it. At least I think thats how it works. I was thinking about putting in some relays so I could easily flip a switch and be on a different sensor. It sent USPS yesterday so hopefully it comes by Friday.

SWEET!!! and i am sure we will get to see some videos of it in action!!:thumbup2:

Of course! :lol: I actually just made a video of how to do your valves the easy way and my hard drive is completely topped off. I got storage all over the house though so I gotta do some swapping around. :ahhh: For now, this is the only video of it that I could find.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1VwWGzbOq0