• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Well i bought my 2001 dodge 2500 quad cab 4x4 about 1.5 months ago and have already replaced lift pump, vp44, and radiator clean from puck bottle. Last night i was in my way home and front wheel bearing went out, dang near lost a wheel, that was another $300.00 for a part. so i checked thr other side it was good and i will change it in a couple months due to money, any way took the other side aprt to check and grease the brakes pins and guess what no pin bushings on one side and dry as a bone with almost new pads. I don't understand how people think there mechanics and not do the job correct. Now the question the abs light came on when the bearing came apart and now the light stays on for 3-5 mins going down the road and then shuts off. Is this correct?

It probably means your other bearing is not far behind the first one. that is how mine went. i had a little noise and was not sure what it was until the abs light came on. i replaced that one and the second one went out 3 days later with no warning. i am no genious on these things but it sounds very familiar.

Well i bought my 2001 dodge 2500 quad cab 4x4 about 1.5 months ago and have already replaced lift pump, vp44, and radiator clean from puck bottle. Last night i was in my way home and front wheel bearing went out, dang near lost a wheel, that was another $300.00 for a part. so i checked thr other side it was good and i will change it in a couple months due to money, any way took the other side aprt to check and grease the brakes pins and guess what no pin bushings on one side and dry as a bone with almost new pads. I don't understand how people think there mechanics and not do the job correct. Now the question the abs light came on when the bearing came apart and now the light stays on for 3-5 mins going down the road and then shuts off. Is this correct?

dang that stinks..most important is that you are alright...and these vp trucks can be a money pit also.