• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Front dana 60 lockouts

Another company that offers the same thing at an even higher price. http://www.dynatrac.com/products_freespin_dodge.html From all I have read mileage gains have been minimal like in the tenths of a mile per gallon gain. Not enough alone to pay for itself. Guys who like the extra strenght and ability of service like them a lot over the unit hub bearing. Onr thing to note is that the new lockout hub does stick out past the tire/wheel a bit but, this turns off some people.

i put on a set from dlux fab. great guy to ask questions of, went on pretty simply too. i've had them on since spring. i like the 2 low feature now (i know i could have got that 2 low kit) but this acomplished more. if i had to do it again, i would go to a salvage yard. it looks like all he did was modify ford spindles, but i didn't look into more than that.

i put on a set from dlux fab. great guy to ask questions of, went on pretty simply too. i've had them on since spring. i like the 2 low feature now (i know i could have got that 2 low kit) but this acomplished more. if i had to do it again, i would go to a salvage yard. it looks like all he did was modify ford spindles, but i didn't look into more than that.

You can have 2 low with a vacuum modulator from a rice car.There 5 bucks or so at the junk yard.If you have a friend that race them he or she probably has a bunch.Thats the first thing they toss when they hop them up.You just have to put a toggle to turn them on.They plug into our ports.

While there is a significant savings when it comes time to service bearings I still would not be able to justify the costs. I have not had a major problem with the factory units, in fact I would say they are quite reliable. Then again the only off roading my truck rarely ever sees anything deep enough to submerge them. My truck is well into the 200k range and the drivers side bearing is factory. Everytime I check it I cannot find anything wrong, it is still tight and doesn't make noise. I don't notice any binding or roughness when turning it. My passenger side has been replaced though. I also have a Dakota that has a similar design. The hubs have about 140k on them and have been abused with blizzards, road salt, mud, etc. They are about ready to be replaced and will be when I replace the CV shafts. Ultimately I cannot say that I am dissatisfied with 140k miles out of a bearing. Also the CAD system has been pretty good to me on the Ram, the Dakota has been finicky once but since being cleaned it seems to be working fine now. Unless there was a 3-4mpg savings I think it would be hard to swallow the cost of conversion. However I did find an interesting site detailing how to make the factory ones grease-able. http://www.mark74.com/ram_modifications.htm#Bearings