• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Red Head steering gear boxes?

I'm about ready to address some typical steering sloppiness in my 02 before it gets worse. Who here has installed a red head steering gear box and can provide some feedback?  All comments I've read on various forums and videos I've watched are favorable on these boxes. Also heard about Blue Top as another provider. Thanks 

• Owner

Because I found out that Blue Top produces some of the parts for Redhead. Not to mention its still a sagnaw box and not a retrofit. I've had a long discussion with Ryan at Blue Top and know several secrets. Kind of like I know that Vulcan Performance builds plumbing parts for AirDog. So go to the source and get the real deal. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

warming up this thread again...

Just had a redhead steering box delivered as i need to fix the steering play asap and contemplating if i have someone else do the install job. 

have spent the last 6 months working on the truck with various upgrades and fixes and sort of need a short break from turning wrenches before i do an injector upgrade. 

However, before i do how tricky is this box upgrade? plenty of videos out there on this just dont' know if I want to fiddle with removing the pitman arm etc. 

anyone provide me some encouragement?!?

• Owner

Saginaw boxes, if the pitman arm is stuck the way I've removed the pitman arm is remove the sector adjustment cover and then let the shaft hang through. Bring the pitman arm nut flush to the tip and lay and 2x4 on top and hit with a BFH. Typically falls out the other side.

Edited by Mopar1973Man