• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I experienced the dreaded TC lock/unlock for the first time

Last night when leaving my son's football game, anytime I got over 45 mph it would do the TC lock/unlock.  I also smelled a weird electronics smell at different times on the drive.  Because of what I learned from this site I knew what to check first.  This morning I checked the AC noise from the Alternator and it was .1 VAC :omg:

I got it couple of years ago from NAPA so I pull it off and and head to my local NAPA.  Unfortunately I couldn't find my receipt so another $170 later I am on my way back home.

After installing the new alternator I check the AC and it is reading .0314 VAC (alternator post to negative post on battery).  Much more gooder!  I take it for a test drive on the highway and the TC locks and stays locked now.  

Thanks @Mopar1973Man!  This is why I am subscribed to this site.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1