• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Intermittent rough idle/running in general

Hey all, back again for some advice.

Truck when cold upon startup seems to run the best and once she's up to temp, I seem to get more vibration than I should. Truck isn't stock and I've been told it won't run AS smooth as a stock truck would since she has bigger injectors and a different pump. I noticed today and the other day that I was getting a lot of vibration when driving, like the engine was running rough. Yesterday she ran a lot better but only recently have I noticed the roughness and it's at random. Sometime last week I remember pulling in to park her after going out in town and I was like damn, she's pretty smooth (up to temp too etc) and it'll randomly change. I do know I have somewhat bad battery cables, especially a shitty ground... Can bad electrical connections on these trucks cause them to intermittently run rough? Currently only have one battery and I have a new set of cables (hoping I ordered enough feet for the crossover :rolleyes:) but need a passenger battery tray so I can install everything all at once and have a full electrical system... Somewhat skeptical one what to do with grounds that should be on that side where the battery was removed... Maybe previous owner did the W-T Ground mod or something similar?

Also, anyone with DAP 150's have a lot of haze even when hot? In the right light I feel it's bad and it scares me... Honestly I hope its just the hotrod vp going out and that's what's causing it. Injectors are only maybe 6mo old.. No blue tint it seems to the haze so I don't think my new turbo has seals that are already going.. Just starting to be at a dead end with the truck and it worries me lol

14 hours ago, Threadzy said:

I would confirm the W-T mod is done and done correctly.  Clean all grounds and get the other battery in. What brand sticks are you running?  My truck idles smooth with no haze.  Have you checked for any codes with a scanner? 

I will Google the mod and look for it being done on the truck! I do want to clean all grounds as well when doing the new cables and getting the second battery in. Honestly worried to where the passenger battery grounds got grounded to when the guy removed it.. I have DAP 150, pretty sure VCO and they’d be 7x.010. I’ve heard they’ll haze and be a bit dirty which I’m fine with but I’m also not able to see what these people’s haze looks like compared to mine. I’ve heard one guy tell me his looks bad and it’s a brand new engine. It’s just the fact they’re big injectors. I’ve done the key trick and I do have some codes, not with the scanner tho to see stored codes. I need to do that. Doing the key trick a few months ago some of the codes had some weird things with low voltage to some sensors. Could possibly mess with my idle if it had to do with the MAP or other sensors having to do with the engine. Could these issues be caused by bad grounds?