• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Spring is fast approaching!

• Staff

We have had some intermittent warm weather here including some heavy rainfall to wash the salt from the roadways. I have seen several bikes out here and there already. I refuse to get mine out to early just for the sake of preserving it the best I can from salt, wet roads with mud and yuck on them and so on. I am however beginning to get the bug. 

It's time to pull the battery and charge it fully and give it a run on the load tester, check everything over good and fire her up.

List of things to do so far:

1. charge and test the battery

2. check oil levels

3. check tire pressures

4. adjust clutch in the primary ( Harley Davidson )

5. adjust clutch cable

6. check brake pad thickness

7. change spark plugs

8. check primary drive belt tension

I may have missed a thing or two but that's it in a nutshell. The oils were all changed last year with only about 800 miles on the oil. Tires/tubes and all wheel bearings were changed last year with about the same milage on those as well.

Of course the bike will need to be washed, waxed and polished to look it's best.

I am also considering buying another tuner from dobeck, what they call an EJK tuner which is short for Electronic Jet Kit. It's a simple tuner to enrich the factory tune which is setup very lean to pass emissions tests. It does offer some flexibility on the users part. You can adjust the mixture at idle, part throttle and WOT as well with an easy control pad. 

I had one on the bike before and by my own mistake I fried it by putting 12 volts to the ground wire of the tuner. The bike ran sooo much better with it on so I think it's time to buy another.

I anyone else beginning to get their ride road ready? If so, what have you done or going to do to be ready to hit the road on 2 wheels?

I've been very lazy this winter. I haven't even started tearing the trike down to dechrome it. Already a week into March, I better get going. The Heritage is at the point of needing tires and tubes replaced. Should do wheel bearings this time also. Battery is getting old. I better get on it or I won't be riding till September,  and that's unacceptable.....

• Staff

Yes @Max Tune you should! Your gonna miss out!

Just did rear wheel bearings on my sons street glide yesterday. He bought the 2 wheel bearings but did not get the one that goes in the belt pulley so now he is on the hunt. Lol

My rear pulley bolts directly to the rear wheel hub so I didn't know there was one there. 🙃 

Lights, crash bar, engine covers, handlebars, forks.....pretty much everything. Was going to do upper and lower rocker boxes, but with water cooled heads, it's more involved than I want to do right now. I'll tape and cover everything and scuff and paint them.

• Owner

You are just as bad as @Honey Badger she blames me for all the snow that is coming. I'm used to seeing at least 2 to 3 feet in my yard but right now I got like 2 inches of snow and more mud. Now at @Honey Badger house in Lake Fork which is about 40 miles from here, they just got another 1.5 feet of snow. She calls it spring storms I call it winter yet. Spring storms here are heavy downpour rain storms. By April I can fire up my water system again. McCall / Lake Fork will be in the freezer till nearly June. Just depends where you live and the elevation you live at. Here is 2,860 feet and Lake Fork is just barely 5,000 feet. 

• 3 weeks later...

Not quite done. Waiting on parts seems to be the new normal. It's getting there though. 

20230317_194814.jpg.8706344e80bccd63aeba13b71a58b9dc.jpg20230320_141544.jpg.72bcec89a67b43f928744d242bb5cc6a.jpg20230317_194803.jpg.b85e10471b6b58768871f157fa9dc8b3.jpg20230320_141535.jpg.ee07d02b1af3c67c13fe30e84b43e681.jpg20230326_120742.jpg.4c214d4468f9ae4393532648a623f9a4.jpg20230326_120755.jpg.6367035ebf131f44e30633a62a4a2429.jpg

The wrinkle finish on the engine will not look so light once I get the dust washed off. Fairing was in the basement,  so I forgot to order the headlight trim ring. I'll just paint it this summer. Waiting on one more cover to come in so I can bolt exhaust back up. Still deciding if I want to do anything with the wheels. I'll ride it this year and decide next winter.