• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Cyl injector lines loosening up over time- is there a torque spec?

Anyone else experience a loosening of fuel injector lines over time?  I just started to smell some diesel fuel in/around the cabin and checked the lines to the head and saw some droplets around the injectors on the intake plate. Checked the tightness of some of the injectors and some weren't snugged all the way. I can only think they've loosened up over time due to general engine vibration but surprised that they did. Is there even a reqd torque spec on these? Thought they just had to be good and snug. 

Thanks

Mark 

BTW after investigating it was cylinder #2 that was seeping fuel. Removed the intake horn/grid heater and the fuel line was way loose at the head. Can't believe I didn't tighten this down properly. I recently did an injector upgrade and must have neglected this step at some point during the buttoning up process. :duh:

• Like 1