• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Why I do not like wide tires

• Owner

Here is why I don't like wide oversized tires on any vehicle. Take notice this Chevy truck loses the entire brake rotor as well. People don't realize the stresses that oversized tires do to steering and suspension as well as wheel bearings. This is more common than you think...

Consider the legal side after this accident just because someone wants their truck look cool...

• Staff

I saw that on tiktok. Wow, terrible for the driver of the car. Hope they weren't injured.

Sadly that would do nearly the same thing to a heavier vehicle as well.

As far as your comments @Mopar1973Man, you are absolutely correct. Even just changing the backspacing on a factory wheel with spacers will alter the stresses on wheel bearings and steering. Add in poor maintenance practices and you have a catastrophic failure like in the video above and someone gets hurt.

• Like 1

• Owner

I've had my encounter last June when I went over to Seattle for Jake's graduation I had a Ford spit a front tire and played Dodge the tire on I90 heading to Seattle.

I know they look cool but not cool Dodging tires because of cheap spacers and improper geometry wiping out the front ends.

• 3 months later...

I wonder of front end was intalled correctly likecnut on cv shaft, lug nuts . Possibly the unit bearing screaming giving signs that was about to hit the eject button.

I aint gonna lie i like big tires currently running big tires on 3rd gen 17" wheels with 1.5" spacer to mach dana 80 width.