• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Billet Timing Gear Cover

• Owner

Just for a helping hand, I contacted DAP on billet covers for the 24V engine with VP44 pumps and I'm sorry to say they don't carry them at all. I was going to do the helping thing and get it placed in the store rapidly for your project but no dice from my current setup provider. 

As for checking the current cover I just lay them on a steel table and check the flatness to see if it is warped at all. As for sealants I use grey RTV silicone being it does harden and it will seal engine oil and gear lube with no problem. Improper sealants like black, orange, or red will not hold up and the silicone will soften and then start to leak again. The other thing I do is chase the threads with a tap to ensure silicone isn't balling up in the holes preventing good clamping of the bolts. 

• Thanks 1