• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

01’ 24 valve swapping in a 93’ 12 valve

Hello, I just joined this site after my searching has brought me here several times. I’ve read a few of the write ups by mopar1973man. I decided I could really benefit and hopefully contribute to the wealth of knowledge here! I have had this 01’ 24 valve since 08’ she’s been worked hard and now the 2nd vp44 has bit the dust at 250k miles.  I have a 93’ 12 valve engine(ve pump) with only 78k miles just begging to go to work. It has 3k gov. spring, fuel pin/afc mods, 5x.012 injectors, and he351 turbo. The 01’ is an auto, 47RE ATS stage 5. So I’ve been reading up on the sensors, communications, between the ecm, pcm trying to figure out the logistics of this swap. I’ve done several cummins swaps, just not anything computer controlled. From what I’ve gathered so far, if I can generate a throttle position signal, and cam shaft position signal  the pcm should control lock up/ overdrive. Gauge cluster should work and ecm or pcm … should command charging. This is all just preliminary plan before I tear things down. As of now I’m thinking a tone ring from destroked, mounted on the balancer for the cam sensor. They have one that has 60 notches minus two, which seems to me to mimic the notches on back of the vp44 gear. And then adapting tps sensor from either 12 or 24 valve to the ve pump linkage. And throttle valve cable from 47RE should match up to linkage on ve . Does this sound like I’m on the right track?  Hoping to leave the ecm from 24 valve in truck to control grid heater, AC clutch, and  whatever else.. I apologize if this information is already here somewhere, please point me in the right direction! I’m happy to study up. Thanks, Doug

60 - 2 is what the Ford computer expects to see. You need 36 - 1 for the cummins computer or 72 tooth on the cam which runs half speed so the signal looks like 36 tooth to the computer but has the missing tooth every 720 degrees of crankshaft turn.