• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

So I just recently tapped my vp for the quadzilla and my new Timbo apps threw a cel. Started surging then threw the code. Never had one do this. I suppose Tim wont warranty it once you tap vp. I just hope its not related to tap.  Set it to zero on the Iquad I guess its off.

Edited by jlwelding

Still running the tunes it came with. Like I said I never had a apps surge at idle, sounded like it was running out of fuel, gave it fuel and felt like it was going to die. Turned it off and I dont know if that had anything to do with it or not.  Michael suggested ohm the wires from ecm to apps plug. I hate electrical, never was any good at it.

• Owner

If you turn the Quadzilla to level 0 it is basically disabled and just monitoring CANBus data from the ECM.

But since there is an error code for the APPS sensor that is a real issue. Either P0122 or P0123 codes are pointing at either lo volt (p0122) or hi volt (p0123) codes. This is not a tap issue on the pump or the Quadzilla tuner but a voltage issue on the APPS circuit. This is why I suggested ohming out the wires to verify that the signal is passing from the APPS back to the ECM properly. Disconnect both APPS and ECM plugs and ohm pin tp pin at both ends. Should be no higher than 5 ohms. Then still disconnected ohm from APPS pin to ground it should be infinite ohms or OL (Displayed) this means there is no short to ground. After that I would talk to Timbo about a replacement APPS

• Thanks 1