• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fuel hose anti spill valve needed

Recently installed a flatbed on my 99 3500. Could not use the original filler tube with the anti spill valve, Now I'm taking a bath every time I fill my truck with fuel. Not sure I can remove the original one without breaking it. No luck finding one on the net or local parts store. Anyone got a source or an option?

IMG_3364.jpeg

• Staff

My flatbed doesn't have the anti spill either. I have to fill so slow that I cannot use any of the nozzle fill notches that holds the nozzle in the on position or they fill too fast and then shut off after spewing out fuel everytime. I use my utility knife to hold the handle in the on position and fill so slowly I can hear the fill pump squeaking while filling my truck. LOL, I think I get more fuel than I'm paying for that way. Takes about twice as long. I have to turn on the key and watch till the gauge says its near full and then get out and listen for it to come up to full on the fill neck. I shut it off before spewing out.

• Like 1

I checked out the source, they will only sell to a dealer. They shared their 3 dealers within 200 miles of me. None of them had one in stock, and required buying a minimal of 5 units, which none were receptive. So gotta start calling around beyond my local area for a stocking dealer. Not giving up!

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Max Tune said:

They are offered in 1.5 and 2"  The Amazon link is for the 1.5, does not say anywhere, had to check the part number. Ordered one this morning, will post how it works. Thanks again to all!!

• Like 1

• Owner

Biggest thing I've seen about flatbeds and filler necks is make sure the vent hose has a downhill run fully to the tank from the neck. Make sure that no fuel can puddle in a sag of the hose. Then do the filler hose the same way. Thor is a flatbed too but no issues with filling even with a high volume diesel pump found at most truck stops.

• Like 1

Installed the new valve, worked as advertised ! One complaint is that it is a flapper valve with a spring keeping it shut. I add 2 stroke oil to my fuel, usually after I'm done filling. Being the valve stays shut, I now feel the need to do a rough calculation as to how much oil to add, and do so before I start fueling. The valve is not a tight fit in the hose, so I supposed the oil would eventually work it's way into the tank if I add more after fueling.

IMG_3392.jpeg

On 4/20/2023 at 11:02 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

Biggest thing I've seen about flatbeds and filler necks is make sure the vent hose has a downhill run fully to the tank from the neck. Make sure that no fuel can puddle in a sag of the hose. Then do the filler hose the same way. Thor is a flatbed too but no issues with filling even with a high volume diesel pump found at most truck stops.

So are you running some sort of valve on your flatbed?

• Like 1