• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New milling machine

wil440

WHOOO HOOOOO

finally did it and bought a Bridgeport mill, wow that is one cool machine for the workshop, ebayed but was 150 mile away, like a clown I went to collect in the ram, with everything else my brother and I bought from the same guy my ram was overloaded for sure but a bridgeport is very tall so definetly top heavy, we had to crank it into the lowest possible height

Got 2 milling vices, a rotating milling table, cutters and a 3 phase planishing hammer mill, the legs sticking up on the left is the planishing hammer and the orange thing on the right is the suds tray, I could only just lift the rotating table off the ground wow

It took me nearly a whole day to figure out how operate the quill power feed up/down

Got it all wired in to our shop no bother ( thanks to my brother who does the electrics )

Did a test against our large Fobco pillar drill with a 1/2" drill bit no comparison even without the mill vice clamped down, got a full T slot clamp kit, collet kit and R8 to 25 adaptors ordered

Now got to get my lathe moved from home to workshop

20230514_171143[1].jpg

20230514_171133[1].jpg

Me thinks I need wider tyres and a higher ply  LOL

• Like 2