• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Store issues / Updates

• Owner

Ok Gang,

Let me explain what happened. What I was attempting to do was update the store software which I was smart and backed up all the files on the server and then backed up both databases. Needless to say, the update failed badly and didn't even start. Then after the failure, I attempted multiple tries to upload the files back to the server and get the store back online. I was having issues just getting the files back on the server. I changed over from FTP to SSH transfers and still having issues. Finally, after 3 days of trying, I call the hosting company and got them to roll me back to the 17th which still leaves me with the store dead (500 error code). This morning I got the hosting company to insert the backup that I created on the 16th and hope it would be running again. Nope. The store is still down and there is an error still. I got in contact with the software company of the store for tech support to resolve the error and so far no email as of yet. 

Hang in there gang I'm working on getting it back up and running as soon as possible. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• Owner

Updating again this morning... (June, 24th)

I've managed to get lucky and found the notes doc file I saved. I managed to just rename the old store to Magento-old and started a new install back in the Magento folder. I was shocked that the installation went through and didn't complain about the database being populated. I figured if it didn't complain about that most likely the database would be written over and started blank. Nope... I'm super lucky. After doing the install steps and checking the URL the store is back to working but missing all the 3rd party software and all the product images. I'm currently copying in all the product photos and just got to go back and install the 3rd party software at this point. 

Hopefully, by the end of today, I'll have this all fixed. I'm planning on stopping at this point and making a backup of all this before I make another mess I've gotta fix. :smart:

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Owner

Hey gang... Talk about a lucky break. So after finally reaching Adobe Tech which handles Magento software. Sadly being we are using the Freeware Community Edition there is no tech support given. Which was a super bummer for me because I'm like what do I do next? Sadly unless I'm willing to pay for the commercial version which has a $ 1,200-a-month license. Sounds bad right... Like I'm really stuck... Maybe, maybe not... 

Being smart about this I left the MySQL up and just took my current copy of the store and renamed the folder from magento to magento-old which now technically had a quick backup. I ran the installer process again. I was shocked the installer didn't complain about there being data in the database. Now I check the link for the store and it is up and running but the data is kind of weird. I tried testing the system by doing a product edit but it responded back with not able to save this product. Ok, I figure out the link between the ElasticSearch engine and the store is broken. Head over to the terminal and tell the server to Restart the ElasticSearch service.

[root@server ~]# service elasticsearch restart
Restarting elasticsearch (via systemctl):                  [  OK  ]
[root@server ~]# 

Responded with OK. Good. Now the store was needing a reindex which now reindexed the database and the elasticsearch engines. The product popped back up after I uploaded a copy of all the photos of the products.

I had to reindex the eleasticsearch and the mysql database by going back to terminal and...

bin/magento indexer:status

This showed errors within the store database for products and another 2 areas. So I ran the reindexer which fixed a bunch of small issues so far...

php bin/magento indexer:reindex

Checked the product system by doing an edit and attempting to save a product. Store responds back with "Product Saved!"

Now I've got to configure the payment processor and do a bit of testing to make sure the processor is actually working correctly. Almost there... I'm stopping for a bit for a break from this chair and go do another activity then return when the weather gets hot...

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Owner
12 hours ago, Doubletrouble said:

Great job Mike! Glad to hear things are getting back to functional. 

@DoubletroubleWell, we have to go back and revisit some testing again. You know what I'm talking about right? Making sure we can order, process funds, and shoot an email to the vendor again. Yup, I'm at that stage again but I'm going to wait till after the weekend hopefully and get some of the testing done and have you give me a hand with the last final run.