• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Auxiliary Fan Switch

I decided to ditch the thermostatic switch on my auxiliary trans cooler with fan and wire a switch into the cab instead. I got cute and ordered a push button switch with a fan symbol and blue LED backlighting. Can anybody tell me (or draw on a napkin) the best best way to wire this to a relay? Should I be using a standard Bosch 5 pin relay or something different. The wires in the pic are as follows:

Black-negative

Green-closed

White- normally open

Blue- normally closed

Red-positive 

IMG_4418.jpeg

IMG_4415.jpeg

• Staff

Red to battery power and terminal 30

Black to terminal 85 and ground

White to terminal 86

Signal wire for fan motor relay to terminal 87 

Do not use green and blue wire

This will be a low amperage circuit used to energize a higher amperage relay used for the fan motor.

589cf003d48b2_5-pin-automotive-type-12volt-40-amp-relay-with-diode-protection-alt-ry18-3-2542-p1.jpg.478e888b891f55623e725f1f7ed6a7ba.jpgRe

• Thanks 1

My man @IBMobile I knew you’d know how this should work. Thanks so much. 

Btw, ignoring the blue and green wires won’t affect the led lighting? The rudimentary drawings that came with the switch showed several wiring configurations and I was trying to use the one that when the the switch was pushed in, turned on the fan and the LED backlight, then when pushed again turned the fan and light off. 

• Owner

If it was me I would buy a ISSPro EV2 Transmission Temperature gauge, ISSPro EV2 programming cable and then the optional relay addon. Now Hook up the ISSPro as usual with the temperature probe in the pan of the transmission. Now I would program the transmission temp warning light for 220 or so. I would set the optional relay for say 160 degree. So now that relay will turn on the cooling fan for your transmission cooler. Being programable you can adjust your fan on and off times and so forth. So now your transmission temperature gauge controls the fan for you. Totally programmable!

image.png image.png