• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

PO1690 and PO336 codes

I have a 1999 dodge ram 2500 5 sp manual. We have a perplexing problem. I`ve had over the last year a code of 1698 and Crank position sensor code PO336 thrown. The truck started having a hiccup when idling and the tach would drop off and come back and check engine light coming on. Eventually the truck wouldn`t start at all. My electrical mechanic replaced several relevant pins on the plug to the ECM then replaced the connector on the VP44. Previous to that we put a rebuilt ECM on. What he thinks is there`s a timing issue with the crank position sensor and the VP44.  The truck starts and runs but is throwing these codes most of the time now. I`ve heard tone ring?, Key on the VP44. Any ideas on what could be causing this?? Thanks  , Denise

Yes several times and I still have two here that are still good. Lots of new wiring and a reman ECM with new pins relevant to the codes replaced on the plug to the ECM. New plug to the VP44 as well. One thing I did not mention was I had hit a big water puddle on the passenger side of the truck and it caused the truck to die. Started it and pulled it into the fuel station and died again. We replaced the pigtail on the crank position sensor and i took the truck to the wash rack at work and sprayed some cleaner on the bottom of the engine to get some of the blow by and after I rinsed it off it decided not to start again. waited about 15 minutes and it started. This was about two years ago in October and these other issues started getting worse.. This was all before the work mentioned above.