• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

dash lights and gauges powering up with key off

hi i have a 2000 dodge ram 3500 24v cummins. just recently all the dash lights and gauges power up on there own, like the ignition was turned on but the key was in the off position. i could tilt the steering wheel back and fourth this would make the powed turn off. i started the engine and it would not turn off until i tilted the steering wheel. the truck has higher miles so i replaced the ignition switch hoping that was the issue, but the issue came back tonight. also when you shut the passenger side door kinda hard it would make the dash and gauges power on.  i figured i would run it by you and see what you thought. thanks in advance

For sure, I think you need to call in an exorcist.  Until then, don't park the truck by  your house.

If that doesn't work, then try this.  There are wires that break or chafe from flexing over time in the tilt wheel area.  You can remove the lower cover and inspect these wires.  I have had to repair some of these wires over the years.

- John

Edited by Tractorman