• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2013 Ram trouble codes

01_Cummins_4x4

• Staff

My nephew bought a 2013 Ram 2500 Laramie 4x4 a month ago, that was already DEF and DPF deleted. We are assuming that the EGR might be deleted with block off plates, but the EGR pipe is still on it, we just haven't had time to remove it to check for sure.

He's getting U010C and U010E popping up, but no driveability issues whatsoever. He has normal power and boost conditions.

U010C is lost communication with the turbocharger control module, which could be the turbo actuator.

U010E is lost communication with the reductant control module, but I figured it's because it's been deleted.

What is the best tuner for him to buy that would help him out since he's deleted?

Thanks!

• Owner

U010C you need to replace the turbo. Yeah I know the controller can be replaced. Just easier to replace the full turbo because the module is calibrated already where module replacement will not be calibrated and required to tow to a dealer to calibrate the turbo module.

As for delete tunes your going to have a tough time being most of the tuners were in Canada but they got shutdown. I've done a hunt myself for others typically you won't find anyone to do the tune work but hardware can be bought.

I know of a way to delete without deleting. All equipment stats on the truck but there is ways to prevent the devices from working without software and removal. 

8 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

U010C you need to replace the turbo. Yeah I know the controller can be replaced. Just easier to replace the full turbo because the module is calibrated already where module replacement will not be calibrated and required to tow to a dealer to calibrate the turbo module.

He can purchase a City Diesel actuator.  It does not need to be calibrated.  He can purchase the actuator from Geno's Garage.  It explains in detail what to check for on the turbocharger to help evaluate whether or not an actuator replacement will fix the issue. 

- John

image.png.3f5b108fdc6fa95182dbda4bc8c2dfbe.png

Edited by Tractorman
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • Staff

My nephew never got a chance to see if his turbo actuator was at fault.

His pickup would use just a little bit of coolant, but it would never leak it externally, or run any hotter than the thermostat temp. He installed a new coolant recovery tank in case the existing one had a small crack in it somewhere, which didn't make a difference with the new one. The pickup never ran abnormal either like if it had a head gasket issue. It would just barely heat up a little above the normal mark on the temp gauge when you put a load on it climbing a fairly steep grade on the highway. 

He took it to the 1st dealer, and they couldn't figure out where the coolant was going. They "said" that they installed a new radiator cap on the coolant recovery tank and couldn't determine what it was when they had it for a week. Then my nephew drove it up to Lewiston ID to Roger's Dodge where he bought it, and they had it for 2-1/2 weeks. They said that they did a compression check on all 6 cylinders and didn't see any issue there. They said that they found some exhaust gases in the coolant system, but that it wasn't the head gasket. I told my nephew that it has to be the EGR cooler has a crack in it letting the exhaust gases enter the cooling system. Their tech said that they checked the EGR cooler, but I highly doubt they did. 

After 3-1/2 weeks of no definitive answer, he traded it in and got a brand-new 2024 Ram Cummins 2500 4x4 pickup.